Position: Founder and Principal
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mr. Cohen is the founder and principal of the Cohen IP Law Group, P.C. Mr. Cohen's practice is focused on matters involving intellectual property, business and entertainment law. He is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a patent attorney and is experienced in all phases of IP litigation relating to patent infringement validity and enforceability, trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and interference with contractual relations. Mr. Cohen also specializes in matters involving UDRP proceedings, cybersquatting, and other domain name issues, and has successfully obtained preliminary injunctions against cybersquatters.
Mr. Cohen is frequently retained by entertainment and business law firms to handle specialized matters involving their client's patent and trademark portfolios and to resolve infringement disputes.
- United States Federal Patent Bar, registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
- State Bar of California, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Washington, D.C.
- United States District Court - Northern District of California
- United States District Court - Central District of California
- American Bar Association - Intellectual Property Division
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND INTERVIEWS
- KABC 790AM, Interview with Bryan Suits Show regarding Landmark Redskins Trademark Decision, June 18, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal, "In Shift, Pinterest Says to Pin Your Own Stuff", March 26, 2012
- California Apparel News "LA Based Wildfox Couture Pulls Goods After Hells Angels Lawsuit", September 2011
- Law360 Interview, Trademarks May Help Companies Skirt Patent Woes, June 2010
- MCLE Lecturer, Trademark Primer for the Business Lawyer, Attorney Credits, May 2010
- Blogtalkradio.com Interview, with Urban Lyfe Styles, Trademark and IP Ownership, December 2008
- Speaker, Nanotechnology and Clean Technology Forum, San Bernardino, California, August 2008
- KSRO AM/CNN Affiliate Radio Interview: US Supreme Court's Ruling Impacting Internet Pornography, May 2008
- Speaker, Intellectual Property in Film, Institute for International Film Financing, Santa Monica, California, October 2007
- Nominated by Videojug.com as Legal Expert on Intellectual Property Law, August 2007
- Speaker, IP and Business Issues for the Australian Technology Company's Entry to the US Market, Canberra Australia Business Council, Canberra, Australia, April 2007
- Speaker, Patent Bar Review, Park Law Firm, Los Angeles, California, November 2006
- BBC News Radio Interview: Legal Ramifications of Robert Sillerman's stake in the Elvis Presley Enterprises, April 2006
- Member of 2012 Order of Distinguished Attorneys, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Southern California, Super Lawyers® Rising Star, Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Litigation, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Ranked among the Top U.S. Trademark Firms in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014 Intellectual Property Today Magazine
- Paul W. Wildman Scholar
- Finalist, National Trial Competition
Prior to the creation of his law office, Mr. Cohen was with the national firm of Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, ranked one of the largest law firms in Los Angeles. During law school, Mr. Cohen prepared patent applications covering diabetic monitoring devices for Medtronic MiniMed.
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Arts, Emphasis Biological and Chemical Sciences
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
SAMPLE REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS
- HAAN, Corporation
- Hyundia-Kia Motors
- Sinomax Enterprises Ltd
- Amplifind Music
- JVM Co. Ltd.
- Coptervision, LLC
- Bio Gold Fuels, Inc.
- Atlantis Energy, LLC
- EMI Software, LLC
- Green Tech, Corp.
- 1 Advanced Technologies, LLC
- We Are The Fallen
- The 88
- Damon Wayans
- Nigel Lythgoe
- Night Ranger
- Sick Puppies
- Villa San Juliette Holdings, LLC
- Eurocinema, LLC
- KOI Group, LLC
- Bonfit America, LLC
- Bandai, Inc.